Best Hair Salons to Rebond / Straighten your Hair in Singapore
Is the humid weather in Singapore making your hair all frizzy? Here are 10 of the best hair salons we’ve heard of and tried, that have provided rather good results!
*Note: This list is still a work in progress. New salons will be added as we go along!
If you have other hair needs, consider the following rankings we’ve prepared for you.
- Best 10 Hair Salons in Singapore
- Best Hair Salons for Hair Colouring (Ombre, Pink, Dip Dye) in Singapore
- Best Hair Salons to Perm your Hair in Singapore
- Best Hair Salons to cut your hair under $50
- Best Japanese and Korean Hair Salons in Singapore
- Top 10 Hair Salons for Men’s Haircut
- Cheapest Haircuts in Singapore Hair Salons 2013
- Score: 7.0/10
- Price: $98 (Mucota Rebonding + Treatment - First Trial)
- Best known for affordable and good quality Mucota Rebonding and not-too-chatty hairstylists
Ranked #7 on Beauty Undercover
If you are looking for beautiful nice-smelling straight hair and am not fussy about service and environment provided by high end salons, we highly recommend Focus Hairdressing for Mucota Rebonding. Their emphasis on using quality hair products and the presence of experienced Marcus makes sure that your hair is well taken care of during the rebonding process! I love it that the hair turns out naturally straight (with no frizziness!) and not too artificially straight.
Read more about our review on Focus Hairdressing @ Cuppage Plaza!
- Score: 7.6/10
- Price: $140 (Bra length Shiseido Rebonding)
- Best known for affordable rebonding and perms
Ranked #6 on Beauty Undercover
As prices for rebonding and perms have been kept competitive, hairstylists at K1 are now so experienced at these two procedures – they can probably do it with their eyes closed.
Read more about our review on K1 Salon @ Toa Payoh!
- Score: 7.9/10
- Price: $260-$300 (Cut + Rebonding + Treatment)
- Best known for haircuts by Yang Yang, decent hair services
Ranked #5 on Beauty Undercover
A familiar name that actually provides consistently good hair services, Kimage @ Funan has built a strong following over the many years it had been operating in Funan – a feat made possible by its talented team of hairstylists, some of whom have stayed with Kimage @ Funan for more than 5 years and many more joining its large pool of talents from Kimage Hairdressing School. It is a little pricier than the usual hair salon but if what you want is straight frizzy hair and a good haircut done by a reputable salon, this looks like a good place to go!
Read more about our review on Kimage Hair Studio @ Funan DigitaLife Mall!
- Score: 7.8/10
- Price: $185 (Haircut + Rebonding + Treatment + Select Salon Manager Sophie/Anson)
- Best known for affordably priced rebonding, hairstylists highly experienced with rebonding
Ranked #4 on Beauty Undercover
A good balance between price and skill of hairstylists, Actpoint has established a reputation for giving customers the straight hair they desire… without breaking the bank! Best of all, rebonding and perms are their speciality…
Read more about our review on Act Point @ Shaw Towers!
- Score: 7.6/10
- Price: $340 (Cut + Volume Magic Rebonding + Treatment)
- Best known for hair services by Korean hairstylists and youtube videos by Edward Kim
Ranked #3 on Beauty Undercover
Volume magic rebonding is tricky, possibly because it requires a lot of skill. That’s why we are more reassured when we see how Spa Scene does it on its youtube videos! Best of all, pricing is competitive!
Read more about our review on Spa Scene @ Raffles City!
- Score: 7.8/10
- Price: >$380 (Volume Rebonding only)
- Best known for hair services by Korean hairstylists
Ranked #2 on Beauty Undercover
There may have been mixed results at this salon but so far, we note that Ji Won Hair Salon is still one of the most experienced at this complex procedure. You however have to prepare to pay a higher price for Ji Won!
Read more about our review on Ji Won Hair Salon @ Wheelock Place!
- Score: 8.4/10
- Price: >$400 (soft rebonding)
- Best known for haircut by Izumi, Experienced Japanese hairstylist fluent in English and attentive service
Ranked #1 on Beauty Undercover
One of our most trusted hairstylists, Izumi is a hairstylist with a strong commitment towards giving customers the best hairstyles possible. Instead of upselling perms or rebonding just to make money, she actually rejects quite a few customers for such hair treatments if their hair is not suitable. This means that if you are lucky enough to be suitable for soft rebonding by Izumi, your hair is very likely going to turn out like what you see in the magazines! Note: Izumi doesn’t do rebonding for first time customers as she has to understand your hair texture first!
Read more about our review on Izumi Hair Salon @ The Central!
Agent G’s Appeal: Help us help you!
I pen this list with a precarious heart. Service levels at each hair salon differ depending on who serves you, time of day, your preferences and whether a promotion is running (and so on!). Even when reviews are good, you may still not get what you expect just as supposedly bad salons may give you a pleasant surprise. Still, I strongly believe that having some sort of reference to the experiences of others is better than having none at all. That is why Beauty Undercover rely on you to submit reviews and help us check if all the reviews and lists we come up are good! Many Thanks
Are you looking for just a haircut under $50 or where to get a good perm in Singapore?
Have we missed out anything you might be interested in? Comment below to let us know!