Verified by Beauty Undercover
“In this very Nook, we want you to fall in love with yourself, all over again. ”
With cobblestone streets lined with top-rated eateries, a walk down the quaint Duxton Hill reminds us of streets in Italy. And it is here at 41A where we uncovered our newest salon gem: Nook.
Bathed in natural sunlight, Nook extends the out-of-Singapore experience with white Baroque-style windows, Nordic wooden tables and expansive spaces that reinforce its intention to be a sanctuary, a recess for customers right in the middle of the CBD.
And as its name suggest, there is a corner for everyone.
As much as we love the details here, however, fans of anchoring stylists would tell you that the main attraction in Nook is ultimately still Sone and Wallace.
There's just something magical about the colours created by Sone that gets customers following from City Hall to Holland Village and now to CBD.
It's not just light colours that get people's attention; Sone has just the right sense of aesthetic to recommend the style that suits your lifestyle and your personality... even if you can't bleach your hair.
We haven't even started talking about Wallace with his wondrous blends of lavender and ash that has gotten him a huge following among customers lately!
Their styles may differ slightly but there is a unifying sense of class in every hairstyle created in Nook. Inspired perhaps by the bright and somewhat European decor, the stylists are able to imbue elegance and chic in such a way that it adds and complements you, rather than take attention away.
And it is this very balance of style and trend that just might get you falling in love with yourself all over again.
If renewal and self-love are on your mind, Nook, with its expert stylists, amazing service and tranquil environment, is definitely THE hair salon you shouldn't miss in Tanjong Pagar!
- Minimalist White Interior Design with white washed walls with tall ceilings reminds us of Europe
- Best known for the light yet classy hair colours designed by Japanese hairstylist Sone and local hair magician Wallace
- Often seen as one of the best Japanese stylists in Singapore, Sone combines his sense of aesthetics with his understanding of Singaporean ladies and creates gorgeous hair works that impresses even XIaxue
- Personalised service as your allocated stylist will attend to you from start to finish
- Huge personal space for every customer with abundant sunlight
- Easily Accessible with 3 MRT Stops close by: 8 min walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT or 12 min walk from Chinatown MRT
- There are Japanese-English translator working as a receptionist so you can approach them for translation if you are still concerned about communication
- Huge parking space right beside
- Only 2 stylists here for now
- Not the cheapest hair salon in the area