Act Point Salon @ Dhoby Ghaut Singapore Shopping Centre
- Stylists are highly experienced with perms and rebonding
- Friendly hairstylists who give out hair advice
- Usage of high quality hair products from known brands
- No packages, no hardselling
- Honest hairstylists you can trust
- Close to Dhoby Ghaut MRT (Beside Park Mall)
- Enjoy some peace and quiet at this salon
- Salon is around the corner of Singapore Shopping Centre so you might have a little trouble finding it
- Haircuts may not as amazing as the perms and rebonding
Close to the city and yet hidden from the hustle and bustle of busy Orchard, Singapore Shopping Centre houses Act Point’s third outlet helmed by Salon Manager Bro. As there are relatively few walk-in customers, this outlet caters mostly to regular customers of Bro and Jess Kong, both of whom have gathered a sizable client base over the last 10-20 years. Both of them have been praised for the quality of perms they achieve, possible only because of their long experience and insistence on using only the most suitable hair products for customers (the full range of Shiseido Hair Straight is offered!). Best of all, Act Point offer no packages and no hardselling; stylists are focused on giving you only the best hairstyle. With experienced hairstylists, good perming results, and affordable prices, Act Point at Dhoby Ghaut Singapore Shopping Centre is a great place to go for a peaceful afternoon perm.
If you are curious about who to look for and what you can expect from the salons’ stylists, read the following tabs to find out more:
- “Style Catalog” tab to see actual hairstyles performed for customers
- “Stylists” tab to see how hairstylists look like and know more about them
- “Price List” tab for latest promotions and prices for their various services
- “Events and Media” tab to check out the latest events Act Point Salon is involved in.
Because we want you to come back, we do only what’s best for your hair – John
No packages, no upselling of unnecessary hair products and services – only solid hair advice shared at length by its experienced hairstylists, Act Point Salon sets the industry standard for being one of the most transparent and trustworthy hair salons in Singapore. Don’t be surprised if a hairstylist at Act Point refuses to do a specific hair service you asked for; if the hair service is deemed to be too damaging for your hair condition or if the stylists are not confident of doing a great job, you might find yourself politely declined. This high level of integrity and responsibility is instilled into every Act Point hairstylist by its owners Sylvia Chew and John Ng. Having been in the industry for more than 20 years, Sylvia and John understands that building a long term relationship with clients is more important than profiting from an unsuspecting customer.
As his name suggests, Bro is one of those hairstylists you can trust like a brother. He jokes with you when you are feeling chatty, gives you your personal space when you need a little peace and advises you honestly when you require hair advice. With his more than 10 years of experience in this field, he is particularly good with perming and hair colouring (Asian Hair) and has accumulated a loyal customer base, many of whom followed him from Beach Road to Dhoby Ghaut.
Having worked closely with Sylvia since more than 20 years ago, Jess is one of the key haircutting specialists in Act Point. Though skilled at all major hair services, she is fantastic at short hairstyles for females. Fluent in both mandarin and English, she has a strong loyal clientele that includes quite a few Caucasian ladies!
Kim (Hair Assistant)
A sweet Vietnamese lady with over 2 years of experience in the hair industry, Kim is one of those who makes you feel utterly comfortable in the salon whether you are a new or regular customer. She assists hairstylists in hair wash, hair colouring and rebonding. Note that Kim is more comfortable conversing in Mandarin.
Hair Treatment Promotion
- Free Shampoo and conditioner (worth $76) with every Hair Care Treatment at $120
- 40% off your second hair service. The discount is applied on the lower value hair service.
- First timers are offered a discount voucher for a return visit (worth up to $35）
- Price of Cold Perm is now at a promotional $90
Offers All-Year Round
*Valid while stocks last
The following products and services will be offered free of charge for any rebonding, digital perm, spa perm and ceramic perm service performed by a senior stylist
- Free Haircut (worth up to $35)
- Free Basic Treatment (worth
- Free Set of Shampoo and Conditioner
Not valid for Salon Manager or Director of the salon.
20% off for Students with valid student pass. This promotion is valid for primary, secondary, junior colleges, polytechnics, ITE, NUS,NTU, SIM, SMU and SUTD students.
Valid as of May 2013
|Senior Stylist||Salon Manager||Director|
|Wash and Style||20||45||45|
|Men’s Hair Colour||50||50||50|
|Ladies’ Hair Colour||70-130||70-130||70-130|
|Hair Colour Retouch||70||70||70|
|Hot Perm (Digital, Spa, Ceramic)||160||188||195|
|Joico 4-step Intensive Treatment||80||80||80|
|Shiseido Fuente Scalp Treatment||80||80||80|
|Shiseido Professional The Hair Care Treatment)||120||120||120|
Events and Media
Lian He Zao Bao Event 2013
Samsung Fashion Step Up 2013