Du Sol Hair Salon @ Raffles City
- Korean Director Edward Kim produced a lot of youtube videos online so you can understand the process even before you actually go down!
- Staffed by both Korean and local Hairstylists
- Friendly hairstylists + Attentive service
- Haircut by Edward Kim positively reviewed
- Reviews for rebonding generally positive
- Comfortable luxurious decor
- Reviews about perms have been less than amazing
Type Edward Kim Hairstylist into Youtube and you can find many different videos showing how the Director of Du Sol does Root Perm, Volume Rebonding, Men’s perm for his customers.
While the videos look rather impressive, we’ve not heard enough customer experiences to decide if Du Sol is a good salon to go to. As of now, rebonding have received positive reviews. Perms, on the other hand, seemed to yield mixed reviews. Regardless, service is good! If you are considering a place near City Hall for a haircut, you might just be positively surprised by Du Sol.
Have you tried out Du Sol @ Raffles City?
Tell us more about your experience!
In the Media
What are some of the latest trends in perms?
The perms that are in fashion now are the volume rebonding and natural looking curls. Glamorous curls and natural-looking rebonding is the look of the moment. No broomstick hair and frizzy curls!
How do clients decide on the perm that suits them best?
If you have a round face, you should increase the volume at the hair roots and on top of the head, and start the curls below the jawline. For those with long faces, minimize the volume on top of the head, and start the curls below the shoulders.
For clients who have never had a perm, how do they go about deciding on the style of perm?
It may feel a little awkward when you see yourself in the mirror with curls for the first time so I would recommend the custom waves perm which allows you to adjust the size of the curls according to your preference or face shape.
How do you tell if a perm job is a good one?
You can tell by seeing how damaged your hair is after the perm—obviously, the lesser the damage, the better the quality. For maximum protection, there should be treatment processes at every interval of the perm, in between each step.
What are some tips to protect the perm job to ensure that it lasts as long as possible?
The health of the hair is the most important factor for permed hair. Avoid styling products that are sticky and heavily textured. Also, it is advisable that you use shampoo catered for permed hair, along with strengthening/treatment serums. If your hair is in a good condition, it’s possible for the curls to last anywhere from three months up to a year.
As of January 2013
- Wash and Blow: $30
- Hair Cut: $ 55 (Ladies), $45 (Men),
- Hair Colour or Highlight: > $ 98
- Korean Perm: >$ 100
- Digital Perm/Setting Perm: >$ 200
- Rebonding: > $ 200
- Korean Volume Magic Rebonding: >$ 250
- cut + setting perm + treatment: $288
- cut + volume magic rebonding + treatment: $340
- styling + makeup: $130