Verified by Beauty Undercover
“Welcome to our humble abode at ROOM 49A! Whether you're here on appointment or simply catching a breather, we hope that you can recharge and find rest in this sanctuary we've specially designed for you. ”
Having trouble finding hair virtuoso Sone Ryuichi, one of Beauty Undercover's most popular Japanese stylists? You're in luck!
Tucked away in a quaint shophouse on Amoy Street, we finally found Sone at ROOM Japanese Hair Salon.
Be prepared for a treat to your senses as the earthy colours, soft ambient lights, soothing aroma and oh-so-calming tunes work to slow your breaths and rejuvenate your hearts the moment you enter.
Don't let the perfectly helical staircase or its Instagram-worthy furnishings detract your attention from the main reason why we love ROOM: its stylists!
Anchoring ROOM is Sone, Emiko and Tamami, three talented Japanese hairstylists who have already accumulated a huge following of customers in Singapore for the past 3 years. Sone, especially, is super popular among Beauty Undercover Agents for his trendy hair colours and perms. He is SO GOOD at what he does that he was invited overseas to share about his techniques AND has influencers such as Xiaxue knocking on his doors to get their hair done! Emiko, on the other hand, has been flooded with customers ever since she unveiled Room's signature head spa.
Her massage technique for both the head and the shoulder was SO SHIOK, Agent G couldn't help but make a return appointment immediately.
Definitely an experience you CANNOT miss in Room!
Tamami may be a recent joiner but she too has a sizable following thanks to her strong skills in haircut and perms!
Despite their seemingly different areas of expertise, there is one thing that unites them: the belief that hair service should be transformative.
Beyond giving customers a great haircut, colour, perm or treatment to enhance their appearance and confidence, their deep-seated commitment to give customers a great experience from start to finish differentiates them from many of the salons we've visited. Here, customers can expect a in-depth consultation for the stylist to design a hairstyle that best suits their preferences and needs, usage of only top quality professional products as well as excellent after-care advice on techniques and home care products.
Best of all, you don't have to break the bank for this experience, Prices are particularly reasonable especially for hair colour at $120-$150 (depending on hair length), $195 for digital perm and combination services of haircut + colour + treatment at $295 (before any applicable discounts)!
With awesome skill, one-to-one Japanese omotenashi and a tranquil cafe-esque interior without breaking the bank, ROOM Japanese Hair Salon is unquestionably one of our top Japanese hair salons to recommend in Singapore.
Beyond attractive prices, ROOM Japanese Hair Salon offers a complimentary member loyalty program to reward customers who return for more services!
Membership Fee: Free
Perks for Dandelion Tier ($250 Accumulated Spending in a year)
Perks for Calla-Lily Tier ($1,500 Accumulated Spending in a year)
Perks for Wisteria Tier ($3,000 Accumulated Spending in a year)
Additional Blowdry for Haircut menu +$5 Additional Blowdry for Styling menu +$10 Additional Care Bleach +$95
- Anchored by the duo - Sone who is very popular in hair colours and perms as well as Emiko, who is skilful in perms and cuts!
- All the Japanese stylists here have been working in Singapore for some time and therefore understand lifestyle and hairstyle preferences of Singapore women better
- Communication is therefore less of a problem as the Japanese stylists have worked in Singapore for a number of years
- Personalised service as your allocated stylist will attend to you from start to finish
- Huge personal space for every customer
- Easily Accessible with 3 MRT Stops close by: 5 min walk from Telok Ayer MRT, 8 min walk from Chinatown MRT or 10 min walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT
- There are Japanese-English translator working as a receptionists so you can approach them for translation if you are still concerned about communication
- Convenient to find parking close by
- Prices are not the lowest for haircuts
- There are not a lot of seats so it may not be easy to get an appointment slot during peak periods
Best Service Ever!!
Bleached 2 times and colored pink.They gave me the best experience ever. Service and quality also better than salons in Japan.
Review not yet verified
This review represents the subjective opinion of the Beauty Undercover reviewer and not of Beauty Undercover.